Tissue engineering and cell and gene therapies are in a state of constant development and pave the way for personalized medicine. Promising results from different fields reflect the paradigm change in healthcare toward tailor-made medication. A wide range of cellular products (known as ATMPs) are being developed with a view to curing life-threatening diseases, increasing quality of life, and preventing the serious side effects of conventional therapies.
Looking ahead, what starts as a small Phase 1 clinical trial today may go on to become a worldwide multicenter clinical trial and then a commercial product after several years. Patient well-being is the highest goal, combined with the wish to secure the highest quality of treatment in each case.
Taking regional differences and infrastructure limitations into account, logistics has a challenging, yet essential role to play in this. time:matters, an expert for Special Speed Logistics, understands the unique and sensitive nature of the starting material and ready-to-use ATMPs and offers vein-to-vein transport solutions. We act as your partner, converting our logistics expertise and your medical requirements into a customized ATMP supply chain.
Your advantages with time:matters
- 24/7 transport service and support, including weekends and holidays
- Direct contact with partner airlines, apron staff, customs, and other authorities
- Workflow tailored to customer SOPs
- Customized logistics solutions for all parties involved in trials
- Provision of temperature-controlled packaging incl. dry shippers
- Continuous monitoring of each individual shipment
- Proactive notifications and tracking
- Contingency plan for any irregularity
- Zero tolerance policy for errors in the field of hematopoietic stem cells
- A comprehensive network plus several partners for European and worldwide transports, including pickup, delivery, and customs clearance.
- As a Lufthansa Cargo subsidiary, we control the entire supply chain and are not limited by airport boundaries
- “Do not x-ray” process for sensitive shipments at many airports
Cell & Gene transport stories
Customized cell and gene logistics from France to Canada
A France-based biomedical company required a secure and dependable solution for the transatlantic transport of their very fragile engineered iPSC-derived hepatocytes to Canada.
Getting a patient’s time-critical fresh apheresis cells from Atlanta, USA, to a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility in Nuremberg, Germany, within 18 hours
Fresh cells have only a limited shelf life outside of the human body. Hour after hour, even minute after minute, cells lose viability and fitness and form clumps, making manufacturing in a GMP facility impossible. In a clinical trial with fresh white blood cells as starting material, apheresis cells from regional hospitals could be delivered for manufacturing within a few hours. But how could overseas patients be served from the same GMP facility without changing the entire established set-up?
Innovation is driving pharma air cargo growth
Digitalisation, IATA CEIV Pharma certification, aircraft with digitally powered temperature control, advanced track & trace technology, and passive containers with 120hrs+ duration, is drastically changing the air cargo pharma supply chain while making it more reliable.
Contact our industry experts
For further information and the latest developments of customized solutions for your industry, please feel free to contact our sales team via this contact form.